Thursday, April 18, 2013

In Praise of Mother Kali


On this eighth day of Navaratri, we would like to share a poem we found about Ma Kali
In Praise of Mother Kali

"Hindu Goddess with Many Arms Statue"
 on the Wall of the Sri Senpaga Vinayagar Temple
Photo Credit Unknown, found @ featurepics.com
Oh mysterious Kali, cremation grounds are Your great delight,
for there you release Souls from mundane existence.
I have transformed my Heart
into a cremation ground
so you will be attracted here to dance
in ceaseless liberating bliss.
Oh Goddess of Wisdom,
my limited desires have been consumed
on the vast pyre of renunciation.
Oh Goddess of Freedom,
I am surrounded by the ashes
that were my conventional world,
waiting for you to come.
Please manifest in the brilliant midnight hour

from this renouncing heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment